Capacity Building Webinar Series
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate’s (S&T) First Responders Group is pleased to present the Capacity Building Webinar Series. Initiated in November 2012, the series hosts monthly web-based seminars that prepare participants to apply emerging technologies and innovative solutions that strengthen homeland security capabilities. Events feature instruction, lessons learned and best practices presented by field practitioners and national leaders. All events are free and available to a national audience. Participants can interact with presenters and other participants and can earn a certificate of completion and Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credits.
Webinars are recorded and available on-demand, and are also optimized for mobile viewing as podcasts on iTunes and Android devices. Search for “First Responders Group Capacity Building Webinar Series” to download and subscribe to the podcasts.
Sign up to receive our email announcements about upcoming events and follow our #FRWebinar tweets from @dhsscitech to stay tuned about upcoming events.
Upcoming Event: Winter Storm Operations
Duration/Credits: 1.5 hours/.15 CEU credits
Synopsis: Presenters will provide an overview of tools and technologies available to plan for and respond to winter storms.
On Demand Recordings
- Public-Private Coordination in Emergency Response and Recovery - Lessons Learned from CUSEC's Earthquake Exercise (August 26, 2014)
- Applying Technologies to Enable Effective Decision-Making: Lessons Learned from CUSEC's CAPSTONE-14 Earthquake Exercise (July 24)
- An Inside Look CUSEC's CAPTONE-14 Earthquake Exercise (June 16)
- Promising Practices and Technologies for Communicating with Persons with Access and Functional Needs during Emergencies (June 4, 2014)
- Mobile Apps for Public Safety: Tips for Improving Security, Implementing Policy and Designing Apps (May 20, 2014)
- Mutual Aid Tools and Technologies for Discovering, Acquiring and Tracking Resources (April 17, 2014)
- Big Data: Filtering Multi-Source Information for Emergency Operations (March 26, 2014)
- Creating and Using Mobile Apps for Public Safety (January 22, 2014)
- Tools and Technologies for School Emergencies (December 13, 2013)
- Alerts and Warnings: IPAWS, WEA and the Geospatial Information Infrastructure (November 19, 2013)
- Cybersecurity for Public Safety Administrators (November 7, 2013)
To ensure you'll be able to participate in the webinar, test your connection
and ensure you have the necessary software already installed on your computer or phone.