On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 1 p.m. EST, the First Responders Group Capacity Building Webinar Series
will present Planning to Improve Emergency Communications
This 90-minute webinar provides an overview on developing trends in the following areas:
• Understanding the National Emergency Communications Plan
and how it can shape the future of emergency communications.
• Understanding and implementing the Project 25 standards to attain interoperable, narrowband land mobile radio (LMR) equipment and systems.
• Identifying technological and innovative approaches and solutions to build a successful statewide communication system.
Featured presenters include:
• Debra Shaffer, program analyst for the Department of Homeland Security Office of Emergency Communications;
• Stephen Devine, Project 25 manager for the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) International; and
• Brad Stoddard, director and statewide interoperability coordinator for the Office of Michigan’s Public Safety Communications System.
Presentations will provide an overview of emerging technologies and best practices to improve communication during disaster response.
This webinar is free to join. Participants can complete a quiz to earn a certificate of completion and Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credits. Register for this webinar at http://bit.ly/EmergencyComms