The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate’s (S&T) First Responders Group is pleased to present the Capacity Building Webinar Series. Initiated in November 2012, the series offers virtual training to first responders and emergency managers on information-sharing processes and technologies. Participants can learn new ways to discover, manage and use information for emergency operations. The series also aims to foster innovation and collaboration amongst first responders participating in the training.
“This series will help us expand our reach dramatically. We’re sharing advice among those who have actually been involved in making advances in homeland security and we’re providing guidance to others on how to replicate those successes,” said Dr. David Boyd, Director of DHS S&T’s Office for Interoperability and Compatibility.
Presentations are delivered by national leaders and field experts who share domain-specific strategies and guidance on how to implement practices designed to build local capacity to manage and use information. Webinars are free of charge and registration is not required. Participants can complete a quiz at the end of each event and earn a certificate.
TOPIC: Tools and Technologies for School Emergency Response
DATE: Thursday, December 12, 2013
TIME: 1:00 p.m. EST/ Noon CT/ 11:00 a.m. MT/ 10:00 a.m. PT
DURATION: 1 hour 30 minutes
ATTEND AT: https://share.dhs.gov/capacitybuildingseries (Registration not required. You may login as a guest.)
- Alerts and Warnings: IPAWS, WEA, and the Geospatial Information Infrastructure (November 19, 2013)
- Cybersecurity for Public Safety Administrators (November 7, 2013)
- Part 1: A Look at Voluntary Registries: Perspectives on HIPAA Policy and the Role of At-Risk/Special Needs/Medical/Functional Needs Registries (August 22, 2013)
- Part 2: A Look at Voluntary Registries: Perspectives on HIPAA Policy and the Role of At-Risk/Special Needs/Medical/Functional Needs Registries (August 22, 2013)
- Federal Grants for Public Safety and Emergency Management Information Sharing (July 30, 2013)
- A Discussion on Voice Communications Interoperability (May 29, 2013)
- Tools and Technologies for Hurricane Operations (May 16, 2013)
- Maximizing Use of HSIN Tools and Features (March 27, 2013)
- Accessing and Monitoring Weather Data to Aid Decision-Making during Hazardous Events (February 5, 2013)
- Innovating with Social Media to Advance Homeland Security (December 12, 2012)
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for Special Events Management (November 20, 2012)
To ensure you’ll be able to participate in the webinar, test your connection and ensure you have the correct version of Flash Player.
Email email@example.com if you require additional assistance viewing our webinars or if you’d like to be added to the Capacity Building Webinar Series email distribution list.